Natural Standard developed the above evidence-based information based on a thorough systematic review of the available scientific articles. For comprehensive information about alternative and complementary therapies on the professional level, go to www.naturalstandard.com. Selected references are listed below.
- American Dental Association (ADA). . Accessed April 1, 2009.
- Chitaishvili N, Mdzeluri T, Dzaqnidze G, et al. Unpleasant smell from a mouth–halitosis. Article in Russian. Georgian Med News. 2006 Dec;(141):26-9. View Abstract
- De Boever EH. Diagnosis and treatment of halitosis. Article in Dutch. Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd. 1995 May;102(5):174-7. View Abstract
- Donaldson AC, Riggio MP, Rolph HJ, et al. Clinical examination of subjects with halitosis. Oral Dis. 2007 Jan;13(1):63-70. View Abstract
- Lee SS, Zhang W, Li Y. Halitosis update: a review of causes, diagnoses, and treatments. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2007 Apr;35(4):258-60, 262, 264-8. View Abstract
- National Dental Association (NDA). . Accessed April 1, 2009.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH). . Accessed April 1, 2009.
- Natural Standard: The Authority on Integrative Medicine. . Copyright © 2009. Accessed April 1, 2009.
- Oklahoma Dental Association. Patient’s page. Bad breath (halitosis) and your oral health– what you should know. J Okla Dent Assoc. 2007 Jun;98(9):7. View Abstract