The following positions are currently open. Additional openings may be found at LinkedIN. Interested applicants should contact us by sending their resume and cover letter through our support system. While we are looking forward to hearing from you, please do not contact us by email or telphone.
1. PHP Web X-Cart Developer
We are seeking a talented PHP/LAMP web developer to work with us in the build out of our Fitness Formulary ecommerce web site. This individual will be working to modify the “Efficacy Engine”, complete some basic capabilities, and add Web 2.0 functionality to Fitnessformulary.com. The ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, possess a passion for technology, has extensive PHP5/MySQL development experience and a strong functional experience with X-Cart and will be able to get up to speed quickly.
- Senior-level PHP/LAMP developer with 5+ years’ experience.
- Extensive OOD / OOP experience.
- Experience working in an Rapid environment required; other agile methodologies a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience applying design patterns and implementing industry best practices required.
- Strong MySQL development and design skills.
- Extensive experience working with large MySQL databases and complicated structures (MERGE tables, replication, etc)
- Knowledge and experience working with PHPUnit; Trac and Subversion a plus.
- Ability to write and consume web services and REST services.
- Practical knowledge of Cluster hosting and cloud services such as Amazon EC2 a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to propose, advocate and critique design alternatives to determine solutions.
- Must be a able to take direction well, but then apply their specific knowledge to create solutions that accomplish what management means to ask for, not just what they say.
- Ability to think beyond immediate issues and challenges and see where to take the software and solutions so that the product grows with the organization, not holds it back.
- PHP programming. Developer will code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- DB Design and Development. Developer will be expected to code, update, debug and optimize MySQL. In the case of new or existing relational databases new hire will be expected to lead the data design and produce enterprise-level data models.
- Review and analyze requirements / write estimates. Developer will review requirements and design documents to produce estimates and task lists based on those requirements.
- Support, refactor and enhance an existing production system.
- Install and manage X-Cart, third party modules and custom development
- Work with partners in the deveopment of API and other interfaces
- We are located in MInneapolis, MN and San Francisco, CA. However, the new hire will be expected to work remotely as we operate a highly virtual office.. As a result, the appropriate candidate will be highly self-motivated. The best candidate understands and is comfortable knowing that they will be evaluated strictly on results they produce.
- Must have a reliable high-speed broadband internet connection and own computer
- Twin Cities Minneapolis/St. Paul or San Francisco Silicon Valley area preferred
Position & Pay
- Position requires 15 – 25 hours a week, part time or contracted for a three month period
- Following first three months, canadidate may be offered full time position if the fit is right
- Pay is flexible with hourly or project-based remuneration
- Full time position salaried with health benefits and wholesale purchasing right
- Stock options may be availbe for both hourly and salaried persons